Volunteers Make an Impact
“Love and kindness are never wasted. They will always make a difference.”
Do you have a need for a little something more in your life…something that can provide a strong sense of connection and fulfillment? Are you looking for a way to share your knowledge, talent and heart that will have a meaningful impact on the lives of others?
Volunteering with Hospice del Valle offers you the opportunity to belong to a volunteer fellowship, benefit your well-being and do satisfying work to provide compassionate care to others. You will be a vital and valued member of our team.
Our volunteers tell us that volunteering with Hospice del Valle is life-changing and one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives.
The main role of a volunteer at Hospice del Valle is patient and family support, however, volunteers also provide crucial assistance with administrative support, community outreach, fundraising and special projects.
Choose your best fit from a wide variety of volunteer opportunities and receive specialized free training that will give you confidence in your ability to help while being able to design your own schedule as part of an invaluable team.
Hospice del Valle Volunteers:
- Are caring and compassionate
- Come from diverse backgrounds
- Possess various life-experiences
- Have many unique interests
Volunteers make an impact by:
- Patient and Family Support.
- Provide companionship
- Assist with errands
- Share hobbies or interests
- Comfort Calls
- Assist core staff in ensuring patients/families have needed supplies, prescriptions before the weekend or holiday.
- Administrative Support
- Light office projects and/or clerical duties.
- Community Outreach Events
- Assist with planning, implementation of events and fundraisers.
- Crafters & Artisans
- Knit/crochet/sew hats, shalls, or blankets/afghans to be donated to patients.
- Professional Services
Interested in volunteering, click here.
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
— Winston Churchill